Saturday, May 10, 2008

Aleatz Hates Math

Boourns. Even though school is gone math still seems to follow. And in university, math is expected in courses which aren't math (like geology... which is supposed supposed to be about rocks, but somehow they manage to get you to count stuff). I don't blame people dropping math once they hit the final years of high school. Math sucks.

I remember a computer game from my youth where you had to beat monsters and solve math problems to win. Ah, that was a good game. I miss it so. Hard to believe there was subliminal MATH messages in it. Clearly my parents were brainwashing me.

I also hate people who claim they like math. How can anyone like it?! I remember I used to like it, back when it consisted of multiplication, multiple choice questions and in a video game which was relevant to me. Now it's like this:
Full view: http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h283/Aleatz/08%20Projects/Aleatz-Hates-Maths.jpg

As you can see both answers were correct, only the computer didn't recognise them because the BRACKETS WERE IN THE WRONG SPOTS. So even if you get it right, you're wrong? Is no one safe from the ludicrousy which is math? The correct answer is no.

Kids... teachers will try to convince you that math is important in the world today, but this is all lies. What do you truly need to live? Food and (for purposes of procreation) sex. Don't be fooled into thinking that math affects either of those. They might claim agribusiness and all that use math to distribute food and economics has some part to play with it, but what do they know? I bet all the food companies are just playing massive food fights in their offices. Yes, that makes sense. Math doesn't.

Boycott it while you still can. Don't grow up believing that learning how to draw a parabola will get you a good job.

No comments: