Monday, May 19, 2008

Aleatz Hates Death Note

It was one night when Reo's parents happened to be out when she put on the first episode Death Note. Little did I know that utter stupidity would ensue as she described the series to me. 'Apparently it's about some guy who finds a notebook which can kill people and he uses it against criminals', she said. We both sat down and watched the first episode; an English dub off Veoh. I honestly was only there for the club soda. 'Beau recommended this to me, because he loves it. I bet it must be good.'

Thanks Beau. Remind me to send you a 'Thank You' bomb. Do you have any idea what you've done? You've made Reo fall in love with the dumbest series, that's what you've done! I'm thanking five different gods simultaneously because I managed to snatch some club soda as compensation for watching that dribble. I was clawing at my eyes as soon as it started, and now there's two holes in my face. Ah... At least club soda heals the pain...


Things which are stupid in Death Note:


Biblical Illusions- I think this was Reo's justification for the show being good. 'OMG THERE'S BIBLICAL ILLUSIONS! SO AMAZING!' If I wanted cliched Biblical references I'd read the Bible. Nothing is clever about some guy eating an apple. And don't tell me that the apple is symbolic of sin, because I've already heard it. It is very 'well duh'. Strangely enough it's in the first chapter of the Bible, and is perhaps the most known out of all chapters. I wonder if the people making Death Note knew this before they added it...

God, it's like someone making a reference to Moby Dick by shoving a whale into it. Get original you bastards.


Inanimate Object Kills People- Seen The Ring? One Missed Call? Notice a pattern? They're Japanese horrors which involve an object murdering people in some supernatural way. What a horrible plot device. Of course Death Note ignores this and makes a notebook which kills people. Slightly lamer than a tape or a mobile phone.


Light- Hmm, sounds like another egotistical bastard with the same personality as... Sasuke? No way! Actually, yes way. Apart from having brown hair and not being a ninja, Light is basically Sasuke. Both turn insane at some point. Both have serious issues. Both pure arseholes.

Photobucket
Source: thinklikepj.wordpress.com

Don't worry, folks. If he doesn't kill you with his notebook, he'll probably get you with that over-sized scythe. The arsehole probably thinks no one can see it, like that stupid death god.

I also find it very hard to believe it takes someone one episode to turn insane like that. Then again, Light seemed like a bit of a fruitcake from the very second he opened his mouth. Speaking English? You're Japanese, you madman! Furthermore... 'Light'? More dumb illusions? Who names their kid 'Light'? Oh. The next thing on the list does.


Light's Mum- She's a bitch. I hate her more than Simple Plan (ok, that might be a slight exaggeration). Point is she sucks. You know she's a bitch when you see her casual reaction to her son being a smartarse. If my kid was doing that well at school I'd actually give a proper reaction, and not try to turn him into a selfish bastard by offering him anything he wants. No wonder Light turned out to be such an arse.


Stupid-Looking God of Death- When he first showed up in Light's bedroom I thought 'Great, now something is finally is gonna get rid of that jerk'. What a fool I was. The death god doesn't do anything. It's a 'spectator' or some nonsense. So, it's only there to look stupid? Someone needs to give the creator a raise before shooting them.

Photobucket
Source: fantasticfest.bside.com

Yeah. Up yours too, redundant God of Death.


In other news, Death Note was banned in China after kids wrote down their classmates names in a 'death note'. Happened in other countries as well, but none were as strict as China. Shame really. Yeah, Death Note sucks. Oh great, Reo heard me... Yeah, this post certainly isn't Reo's opinion. She's just itching for Mondays now that Death Note is on (even though uni-wise Mondays are shit).

2 comments:

Lightning Strike said...

*Cough* I DISAGREE!

1. Light is not Sauske. He is much more interesting and less one dementional then Sauske. As we see, in the beggining he says he does what he does to help humanity. Though in the ned it's for power. He's way more multi dementional then bloody Sauske ever could be. He's also the first main character I couldn't like. I found myself wanting him to suceed in the most horrid way, yet the ending was delicious >:D

2. A Notebook that kills people = awesome. End.

3. A god of death that looks way better then any standard worthless God-o-death. HE LOOKS LIKE A DARK CIRCUS CLOWN. How is that not hilarious?

And furthermore, just get over and read the damn thing, because it becomes obvious in the first few episodes how it will all end.

Aleatz said...

Rebuttal time!

1. No, Light is just a bit more insane than Sasuke. Plus his intelligence is far more believable. His acting sometimes leads you to believe he's complex, but this is all pretty lighting and angles! *shoots them both*

2. But, it's a book... How does it even kill them anyway? IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!

3. So the fact he's goofy looking cancels out the fact he's redundant? I don't think so.

Good thing you didn't defend the mum... Or WHACK!