Saturday, January 3, 2009

Aleatz Hates Sasuke (Revisited)

Holy crap. I almost feel like taking back every good thing I've said about the Naruto series. Not because of the series itself, or even (to a certain extent) the characters in the series, but the large amount of fans who post indecipherable comments in relation to a rather short, crappy article I wrote about a fictional character.

Half the reason Sasuke sucks so bad is because of you.

If he didn't have a hoard of whiny fangirls defending him with their shitty comments he wouldn't suck more than a straw in melted ice cream. Do you think the people who have written proper comments in relation to that article didn't realise that Sasuke is a fictional character? Then why must you repetitively point it out to them?! Hell, why must you even need to defend him if he is fictional?!

One of the most common comments in defence of Sasuke's shitty personality is 'Sasuke's entire clan was killed by his brother and he saw it and that's why he's the way he is'. (Just imagine that with less grammar and incorrect spelling.)

Anime is filled with characters with traumatic pasts. Orphans, survivors of genocide/wars, etc. etc. barf. It is one of the major clichés of anime. Doesn't mean I can't point and laugh at a character now, does it? Doesn't mean the character has to be a complete douche. And an uninteresting douche at that.

But yeah, I don't understand why the majority of the hits/comments for this blog are based on the Sasuke page. Naruto isn't even a series worth fanboying. So, here's my final point in summary. I've even included pretty images for the people who still don't get it:

Photobucket

If you feel the urge to comment, go ahead. But be warned that I'm going to read comments as they are written. So if you can't spell 'you' with the two first letters then I'm sure we won't be getting far.

Now get off my lawn!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

*gets off your lawn*

Aleatz said...

No, you don't watch Naruto, so you can stay. =P

Anonymous said...

I WATCH IT AND I AGREE.

Although sense I started reading the manga and getting ahead of the anime, he's gotten pretty dominant.

*Plops tent on your lawn*

Aleatz said...

*Kicks down your tent*

So, you mean in the manga he's become a more important character to the plot? Remind me never to read it then.

Anonymous said...

your crazy and thats all im saying
i dont care if hes anime or not

Sui said...

Okay, okay. I was scanning my e-mail for passwords I've long forgotten, and I remembered this. And I have to comment because it is incredibly relevant. >.>

After watching all of Naruto in about two week like two months ago, and then later reading about 100 issues of the manga, I've decided that Sasuke's only redeeming feature is that he is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal in the English dub. >.> Otherwise yeah. He is a hole. *throws crap in the Sasuke hole*